Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The story of the Virgin Mary

I guess I want to elaborate on the picture of the boys hugging the Virgin Mary Statue.
First off, I want to say that for those who don't know us well.....we are Catholic and I have always felt a connection with our Blessed Mother. When we bought our house (an 100 year old former convent), I placed our Virgin Mary statue at the gates where we enter the yard.

Back in the spring, when the boys were first let out to toddle around the yard, one of them (I think Tommy), spotted Mary from across the yard. His eyes got as big as saucers and he took off in a run towards her. Then Liam spotted her and they were in a foot chase to see who get to her first. They both got to her and started hugging and patting her. I couldn't get to my camera quick enough. I believe they thought she was a little girl. They stood by her for quite a long time almost as though meeting a long lost friend.

Now everytime we are in the yard (or someone else yard that has her statue), they will go and give her a hug and kiss. It just melts my heart. They love Jesus' momma too!!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That's awesome!! Love all of the pics too.

jenni anne said...

how neat! i love houses with history!!

oh, and i got my girls' monkey backpacks at target. they have them at walmart too. i've seen lots of boys with the monkey ones, and there are cute little doggy ones too. they are lifesavers (literaly) in big crowds!