Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stranger, Stranger, Stranger

The last 2 weeks have been filled with Stranger Anxiety. Poor little Tommy won't let me put him down in the morning. I think he fears I will be leaving for work. After I put on my work clothes it gets even worse.

To make matters worse for the poor little guy, we have been having babysitter issues. I think I finally found somone, Linda. She is 58 and I think OCD when it comes to cleanliness. My biggest issue is letting someone take over some of the duties in my home. I am well aware that I am not Martha Stuart but I think Linda might be. People think I am crazy for not jumping with joy over her but how would everyone like Martha coming into their home and critiquing it. Actually, I don't think Linda is judging me (at least not to my face) but I do think she in genuinally tring to help me out. She wants me to have list of chores for her to do. She also will only feed the boys healthy foods. Again, this is wonderful but that just means I always have to healthy foods to feed them. I tried getting her to feed them PB& J but she would not do it. She made the eggs, green beans, carrots, broccoli and apple sauce.

So I guess I just have to get over my feel of inadequacy when it comes to homemaking. The home is the people not the dirt and in that case. Our home is filled with love!

2 comments:

Lottie_Ellie said...

Try to let go and relish the help. Though in Linda starts making her own marshmellow peeps and other crazy things like Martha you should probably run for cover. Elizabeth

Laura said...

Wow this would be hard on me. I think with adjustment it will all work out. It's really pretty great to find someone so willing and helpful. But there is such a thing as too much. Let us know how it works out.