Friday, February 29, 2008

Walk Ambassadors

This past Tuesday was our March of Dimes, March for Babies walk kick-off event. This year, William and Thomas were selected as the Walk Ambassadors. The kick-off was a nice event and I spoke to the group about our experience with a high risk pregnancy and micro-preemies. I have spoken about this publicly now a number of times but it never gets easier. I always get choked up while saying that they were born 13 weeks too soon and that they weighted only 1.12 and 1. 8 ounces.

I am so proud of my William and Thomas. They know how to work a crowd. They were up well past bedtime but still managed to smile and laugh at everyone they met.

For anyone who wants to view our walk page or contribute to our March for Babies campaign, please go to www.marchforbabies.org/karenuad

We are honored to represent the March of Dimes. Without the life-saving surfactant that the boys were given at birth, they would not be with us today. I want to make sure the March of Dimes continues supporting research to give every baby a healthy start.

No comments: