Sunday, April 12, 2009

Proud Mommy!

I have been a bad blogger lately but I want to write a story about my little dudes that I don't want to forget.

We had a March of Dimes function held at a daycare center and a little 5 year old girl was there who had severe Cerebral Palsy. My boys had not seen a disabled child before and they were looking her way curious. I took them by the hand and went and introduced them to Amanda. I didn't want them to be afraid and I certainly did not want her to feel left out. She smiled and knew we were there talking to her. I showed Liam and Tommy how she could feel a soft stuffed animal.

A little while later I was talking with some adults but then scanned the room to look for my boys. I found Tommy sitting next to Amanda with a big smile on his face helping her feel the soft toy. My heart could not feel more proud. He looked so proud of himself and so happy he was playing with Amanda.

William was interested in pushing her stroller around. He also tried to interact with Amanda and include her.

I am so lucky to be their mommy. They teach me so much and watching innocence is remarkable!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

this happened b/c you gave them an amazing gift of seeing hearts - not chairs!!

girlytwins said...

So sweet. It is so awesome that you took the time to share your boys with Amanda. It sounds like it was wonderful for all three kids :)