Wednesday, April 29, 2009

March for Babies 2009

Last Sunday was Cleveland's March for Babies. It was a 4 mile walk around Cleveland and for all those reading this that are curious, Yes, Mark did survive the walk even the uphill parts! LOL

It was an absolutely gorgeous day in Cleveland (well as gorgeous as Cleveland can get).

Since I am the Family Teams Chair, I got to thank the family teams and introduce the Ambassador Family.

We had a much bigger team this year. I'll have to count but I believe there were at least 20 walking for my miracle babies team! I am pleased to report that so far our team has raised $2700.00. This should put us in the top 5 family teams again this year. I feel very happy and proud in this economy that we were able to generate this much support.

At the post event festivities, Liam and Tommy chased around all the costumed characters such as the Chick Fil A cows, Kmart's blue light, McGruff the crime dog, and their personal favorite was the Energizer Bunny because he let them bang on his drum.
They were 2 tired little boys by the end.

Special thanks to Jen Lawson at the Northeast Ohio March of Dimes. She does an amazing job and just about single-handedly pulls this event off! Amazing!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like tons of fun, I'm glad the kids had a good time too.

Claremont First Ward said...

How exciting to have such an active role in the March for Dimes AND that there was such a big support group for your team!

girlytwins said...

Very cool Karen! You rock. It must have been so awesome to have so much support.